The Case Study: Playtesting Project

I was writing a whole long post about adding “chrome” to OtND, which was predicated on the idea that the core game is in a good place–challenging but never unwinnable. However, as I wrote I realized that while I certainly thought the game was meeting that standard, I didn’t have data to back up that conclusion. For a long time I kept careful notes on whether or not the players won, and how many turns the game lasted. Recently, however, the rules have been changing and I’ve stopped tracking that data.

It’s time to get back on the horse.

For the next two weeks I am going to play at least one game of OtND each day, noting how the game ended (win, lose by capture, lose by time) and on what turn. At the end of those two weeks I’ll tally up the information and discuss the results.

If you’re interested in participating, please feel free to log your games as well. They can be put in the comments to this post, or sent directly. Having more players involved will be a great help in ensuring that I’m working from accurate data.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s